Possible Seminar Topics
The following is a list of topics suggested by the faculty in no particular order.
You may find this list helpful in your search for a Computer Seminar topic.
- Garbage Collection
- Detecting Software Plagiarism -
Because programing code is easily found on the Web,
(unauthorized copying of someone else's code) is frequently cited
as a problem in many CS departments. There are many software systems
designed to detect software plagiarism. Discuss the general problem
and techniques used to detect plagiarism in software.
Here is a recent article on the subject:
PlagDetect: A Java Programming Plagiarism
- Microsoft Cognitive Services
- How do VPN's work (under the hood)?
To find other ideas -
Look in confrence prceedings such as:
- Look in current magazines such as:
Communications of the ACM,
Popular Science, or
- Visit web pages of major research labs such as web.mit.edu/research/, www.lanl.gov, www.research.ibm.com, or www.sandia.gov.
- Look in your textbooks for chapters that were not covered in class.
- Look at seminar topics from previous semesters (your topic must
not have been covered in the last 2 years)
- Talk to your professors.
- Google IO
- Apple WWDC
- //build conference
- Java One
- Code Conference
- JSConf US
- Computer Science Conference Rankings